How can you send emails via Gmail's SMTP system?
If you have a Gmail account, you may want to use the Gmail SMTP server to send emails originating from mControl's email macro actions.
The following has been validated on mControl v2.1.3818:
- Create or use your existing gmail account. Under your gmail account settings, you must enable IMAP.
- Within an mControl macro, create an action of type "Send Email", with the following settings:
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
- To: <email address to whom you want the email sent to>
- CC: <email address to whom you want the email CC'd to>
- Subject: <Subject of email>
- Port: 587
- Enable SSL: True (checked)
- Authentication: True (checked)
- Use Default Credentials: False (unchecked)
- User name: <your gmail login user name>
- Password: <your gmail login password>