mControl v2.00 Update - RC3 now available
We have now posted mControl v2.00 Release Candidate (RC3). Unless there are any significant issues reported in the next couple of weeks, this will be the formal release for mControl v2.0.
If you would like to evaluate it, please visit: http://www.embeddedautomation.com/fo...read.php?t=546
New Features and Functionality for mControl v2.0:
>> New high-fidelity user interface for Microsoft Vista Media Center. The interface is written in Media Center Markup Language (MCML) – the native user interface language of Vista Media Center – and provides the View Zone screen and detailed view screens for HVAC, Security, Camera and Irrigation devices.
>> Enhanced macro functionality:
- Support for conditional triggering. Each trigger now has one or more conditions, which must all be true for the trigger to be activated.
- New macro conditions including “Device Status”, “Recurring Timer" and “Time Range”.
- Expanded “One Time” condition to allow for dates in the future.
>> Support for additional devices and technologies:
- Support for Rako Controls
- Support for DSC PowerSeries Security Systems (via IT100 module)
- Support for Proliphix IP Thermostats
- Enhancement to allow receiving IR signal via USB-UIRT>> INSTEON protocol enhancements, including:
- Support for Power Line Modem 2412U (USB) and 2412S (Serial) adapter
- Support for SimpleHomeNet EZBridge (IP to INSTEON/X10 Bridge)
- Support of PowerLinc 2814U (PC Timer System)>> X10 protocol enhancements, including:
- Support for the CM19A (USB) Adapter
- Support for the PowerLinc 1132CU Controller
- Improved handling of serial (e.g., CM11A) messaging
- Improved handling of extended X10 commands for Leviton and X10 devices (e.g., LM11)>> Enhancements to the mControl (HTML-based) user interface, which is used by Internet Explorer and MCE 2005:
- New midnight skin which is optimized for lower resolution screens, in particular UMPC devices
- Improved handling of long Zone and Device names
- Improved and automated method of handling client screen sizes>> Driver Development Kit (DDK) to allow developers to write their own protocol plug-ins.
>> Enhancements to various components to support Microsoft Vista
- Z-Wave modifications
- mControl Installer and 3rd party components>> New Diagnostic page to assist trouble-shooting of mControl.
>> Many general enhancements to mControl including:
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes
- User documentation
Last edited by Ted Singh; 08-25-2007 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Updated to include information on mControl v2.00 Release Candidate 3 (RC3)