Embedded Automation Forum  

Go Back   Embedded Automation Forum > mHome Products > mHome Showcase and Projects
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

mHome Showcase and Projects This forum will allow users to share information on their mHome set-ups. Also, you can refer to specific project or ask for help.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM

Default Need help configuring psexec

My mserver is running on whs 2003 and I'm trying to call up a web page on a remote Windows 7 PC using Psexec run from an mcontrol macro.

Anyone had any success running psexec ?

I can run Psexec through the WHS DOS prompt window, but unable to run Psexec from the mcontrol macro "run application" script line

It's probably some kind of security/privileges issue ? I even tried TqcRunas to ensure Psexec is run at Administrator level. Again Psexec works fine in DOS prompt, no go with Macro run app.

Last edited by satwar; 03-16-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:21 PM

Very strange, but Tqcrunas solved all the scripting problems.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satwar View Post
Very strange, but Tqcrunas solved all the scripting problems.
How do you get mControl to run Tqcrunas ? Which in turn then runs PSExec as administrator and not SYSTEM.

Also Tqcrunas appears to be 75 euros, is there not a free version for home use? Or another free program similar to Tqcrunas?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 06:22 PM

I couldn't seem to get mControl - Run Application to run my .tqc file directly, so I created a .cmd file that then runs the .tqc file.

So in mControl in the WHS console, its the .cmd file that is run this then runs the .tqc file.

The .tqc file runs PSExec as administrator to open Media Center in to the mControl MCML add-in on a remote HTPC.

This seems to work but for how long if Tqcrunas is in trial mode..

This is the first time I have gotten this to work as without Tqcrunas, PSExec is always run by mControl as SYSTEM and not administrator and then I get access denied errors.

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:48 PM

It's been a while since I worked with this stuff, but I do remember tqcrunas was the only app that successfully ran programs remotely. Lots of programs claim they can do it, but tqcrunas was the only one that worked for me right out of the box.

As far as the fees go, the company seems to be corporate oriented, in that they are interested in large deployments, not individuals. Tell them you want it for personal use and see what they say.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the reply, I can confirm that Tqcrunas does indeed work and I am now able to send a PSExec command to a remote HTPC and launch Media Center in to the mControl MCML add-in. See here.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 PM

Yes I reviewed what I had done and used Mcontrol Macro to Run App TQCrunas.exe on my Home Server and provided Parameter as .tqc file. In the .tqc file I specified the command to be run on remote computer.

In my case I used the detection of motion on a security camera to call up the mControl Camera screen on remote PC. Was a lot more effort than I thought it would be, but in the process I learned about TQCRunas, which is an excellent tool.