Embedded Automation Forum  

Go Back   Embedded Automation Forum > mHome Products > mControl Software Integration > 3rd Party Drivers
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

3rd Party Drivers Drivers developed by 3rd Parties - not Embedded Automation

Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 AM

Default Twitter driver

Here is my alpha release of a mControl v3 Twitter driver:

http://www.niewenhuijse.nl/download.php?list.3

This driver makes it possible to send messages to twitter from mControl.

Please let me know if you find any bugs and/of if you have any suggestions to make this driver better.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:30 PM

This so so cool! Nice job!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Default This is cool

But I would really prefer to see a skype driver. Especially one that might be 2 way. Twitter is just so chatty when you start building a network skype can be more specific. Similarly SMS is limiting.

I would love to get a skype message from mControl "Driveway motion detected" because it could be on my cell, computer, whatever and not get lost with a bunch of other stuff about what my friends are drinking like twitter would.

Then if I could eventually message back Driveway Light=ON.

That would be tottaly cool
Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 PM

I have to admit, the skype interaction was one feature I really liked in HomeSeer
Old 02-10-2012, 04:45 AM

Default Does not load driver

Driver shows in list of unloaded ones but not as loaded. I have enabled and disabled it plus restarted all of the services no luck. Here is what the log shows.

Error loading the driver [EmbeddedAutomation.mServer.Adapters.TwitterService Mgr] for adapter [TWITTERDRIVER] from [C:\Program Files (x86)\Embedded Automation\mControl v3\server\plugins\NIT.TwitterDriver.dll].
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Embedded Automation\mControl v3\server\plugins\NIT.TwitterDriver.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Embedded Automation\mControl v3\server\plugins\NIT.TwitterDriver.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Is this because I am running it in WHS 2011 and hitting the security restrictions.

Last edited by sharrisct25; 02-10-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrisct25 View Post
Driver shows in list of unloaded ones but not as loaded. I have enabled and disabled it plus restarted all of the services no luck. Here is what the log shows.

Error loading the driver [EmbeddedAutomation.mServer.Adapters.TwitterService Mgr] for adapter [TWITTERDRIVER] from [C:\Program Files (x86)\Embedded Automation\mControl v3\server\plugins\NIT.TwitterDriver.dll].
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Embedded Automation\mControl v3\server\plugins\NIT.TwitterDriver.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Embedded Automation\mControl v3\server\plugins\NIT.TwitterDriver.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Is this because I am running it in WHS 2011 and hitting the security restrictions.
Please try to unpack zipped driver using a third party app such as 7-zip, winrar, winzip, etc.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 AM

If you unzip with Windows, Windows will store security information in the unpacked DLL saying that it originally came from the internet, and won't let it run.

You can either unzip it with 7-zip or WinRAR, or you can use a tool like "streams.exe" to remove the security information from the .zip file.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:48 AM

Default Thank you.

I should have remembered that. I will try using 7-zip.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:45 AM

Default Great worked this time

Thanks. Pretty cool tool. Still need something a bit more point to point, that can access mControl variables like what the name of a file a camera recorded too. 2 way would be Nirvana.

None the less, good job, certainly more usefull that what I have now.